Monday, October 10, 2011

Let's Go-Hokies!

Hello all! Okay, I know it's been a while since the last post, but we have been super busy and haven't been home in I don't know how many weekends. For the past two weekends we have traveled to Blacksburg to watch VT play Clemson (terrible game), and Miami (you couldn't ask for a better game to be in Lane Stadium)

Oct 1st was the game against Clemson, and my oh my was it cold and rainy. I mean COLD!!! I clearly forgot with 50 and below felt like in the mountains with rain mixed it. Thank goodness Kelsey had a long sleeve T and hoodie for me to wear. Four layers later, tall socks, jeans and ONE glove mom and I were sharing I still was only semi warm. Oh well...all in the name of football fun.

The crew reunited for some Hokie football fun. Even with the weather, and the Hokie's loss it was still a great time to catch up with friends, family, and watch Kelsey cheer!




This past weekend we went up to the Miami game and boy what a 180 this weekend was from last. It was 75+, and we were actually seeking shade and wiping sweat from our foreheads! This weekend was especially special because of Dillon's 24th birthday (Oct 7), and my Dad's birthday (Oct 9). Mom, Dad, Dillon and I enjoyed nice weather, cold brews, and BBQ before the game. We also went to see the parade/Kelsey again...she's cute as a button!


After the parade we got ready for the game...and what a game it was! Just as we thought we had the game in the bag one play put Miami ahead with minutes left on the clock. Everyone was biting their nails at this point. The Hokies needed a touch down to win and it came down to 4th and 1 when the QB ran in a TD...the whole stadium went wild. With a minute and change left on the clock and Miami with the ball the stadium crowd yelled and screamed the Hokies to victory. What a crazy game!
Final Score: VT 38-Miami 35

No comments:

Post a Comment