Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Now on to Chicago-the Windy City

This past Thursday I left Vegas to finally get to where I have been waiting to go for months...years really...Chicago! They call it the Windy City...but I call it the Rainy City after this weekend. Luckily whenever we would walk out the door to go shopping or sight seeing it would hold off...thanks weather!

Thursday I met up with Rachel at the airport and we took the train into the city to get to our friend Jennifer's apartment. Friday we woke up, ate breakfast, and got started on a great shopping day! We also stopped by the John Hancock building and had a few drinks and appetizers in the Signature Room on the 96th floor.
 Here are the views you get once you zoom to the top of the elevator
...and after you feel like your head is about to explode from the pressure
 View of the Navy Pier

Friday night we had a great Sushi dinner at Nori. Complete with 4 bottles of wine...one for each of us!
 Our gracious hosts, Donna and Jennifer
A bottle of wine deep, and full of delish sushi!

After dinner we all went out to some of Donna & Jenny's favorite bars. Saturday morning Rachel and I woke up and set out for lunch at a hole in the wall Deli-yum!, and a day of sight seeing...and more shopping.

We went to visit the Buckingham Fountain, Crown Fountain, The Bean/Millennium Park, and The Chicago Theatre.

 The Crown Fountain in Millennium Park





Saturday evening we all got ready and head out for another night on the town. Sunday morning we had breakfast at Melrose Diner, then saw Rachel off on the train for her to catch her flight. I stayed behind because I didn't leave until Monday! After Rachel rode away in her train, Jenny and I decided to have one last shopping trip...dangerous! That night we decided to have a relaxing night in sweatpants with fro-yo and Bridesmaids, the movie. First thing Monday morning I began my 13 hour trip home...on trains, planes, and cars.

Glad to be back and not having to live out of my suitcase, but miss the bright lights, big city, and friends! Can't wait for our next trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment